UNSW law revue review
Went to see UNSW law revue yesterday. Not having gone to the USyd one, I can’t really compare … and Ewok‘s claims about a skit dissing USyd’s quad did not prove true.
My favourite bits were:
- “Hi, I’m PC”, “Hi, I am PC from the PRC”
- “Ma ma mia” and Italian diving – especially the Catholic priest one and the Caesar one*
- Asian licence (“I need my licence to transfer to Newsouth!”)
- Net speak (“ROFL” *rolls on the floor laughing*
[*for those who weren't there.... bunch of togaed senators stab Caesar. Caesar: "Et tu Brute?". Enter Mark Antony. "Oh no, it's Mark Antony". Everyone cries "Ma ma mia!" and rolls on the floor clutching one leg. Referee runs up, blows whistle, and says "Penalty!"]
My not so favourite bits are:
- the long long band number.
- the big lights flashing directly into my eyes during the musical numbers – now I can totally empathise with people who get seizures from flashing cartoons.
Overall, I think there were quite a lot of good skits, and a couple of mediocre ones (badly controlled pace, stretched out too long, crap punch line, bad acting etc). Enjoyable, but not consistently brilliant. I give it 3 starst out of 5.
Drove home via South Dowling – M1 - M5. Never driven on that bit of M1 that connects to M5. Had no street lamps, was dark, raining, and trying to figure out how to demist the window. Navigator (Ewok) living off Google Maps on his mobile instead of a street directory… It was good fun.
In other news, my dad has repaird my (19 years old) Darkwing Transformer! His knee joint got broken at some point in those 19 years. but that’s okay. He can still stand, at least.